Thursday 27 April 2017

Asian Monsters

The Shocking True Crime Stories of 28 Asian Serial Killers, including;

Tsutomu Miyazaki: Deeply disturbed Japanese serial killer who practiced cannibalism and necrophilia on his young victims.

Duan Guocheng: China’s lethal “Red Dress Killer” went on a murderous rampage and appeared to have a preference for women dressed in red.

Mohan Kumar: Indian Schoolteacher turned serial killer, Kumar preyed on young women, luring them with promises of marriage and then dispatching them with cyanide.
Yang Xinhai: One of China’s most vicious and prolific killers. Yang hacked 67 victims to death, using hammers, meat cleavers, axes and shovels.

Charles Sobhraj: A globetrotting serial killer with a flair for pulling off elaborate cons, he was also the brutal slayer of at least 12 people.

Saeed Hanaei: A rare Iranian serial killer who strangled 16 prostitutes and became a cult hero to fundamentalists in his country.

Javed Iqbal: Revenge-inspired Pakistani monster who vowed to murder 100 boys and gave himself up after he’d achieved his goal.

Futoshi Matsunaga: Horrendously cruel Japanese psychopath who, along with a female accomplice, tortured and murdered at least 7 people.

Verry Henyansyah: Wannabe Indonesian pop singer whose fiery temper and obsessive jealousy led him to murder and dismember 10 people.

Surender Koli & Moninder Singh Pandher: An Indian millionaire and his faithful manservant who preyed on the children of New Delhi.

Zhang Yongming: Chinese cannibal whose home was found to contain bags of human bones, chunks of pickled human flesh and a collection of eyeballs!

Click the "Read More" link below to read the first chapter of

Asian Monsters

Tsutomu Miyazaki

On the afternoon of August 22, 1988, four-year-old Mari Konno left her home in Saitama, Japan, to play at a friend's house. When she had not yet returned by 6:30, her father went looking for her. Failing to locate his daughter, the panic-stricken man called the police to report her missing. A massive search was launched but to no avail. The child in fact lay dead in a forest 30 miles away, the first victim of Tsutomu Miyazaki, one of the most depraved serial killers in Japanese history.    

Tsutomu Miyazaki was born in Itsukaichi, Tokyo, on August 21, 1962. He was a premature baby, entering the world at just over four pounds. He also had a birth defect. His hand joints were fused together, making it impossible for him to bend his wrists upwards. 

Miyazaki grew to be a lonely child, shunned by his peers, mostly ignored by his parents and abhorred by his two younger sisters. Despite this he did well at school, at least at first. By the time he reached high school he'd lost interest in his studies and had retreated into a fantasy world, fueled by Manga comic books. He eventually graduated from Meidai Nakano High School, but the obviously intelligent boy finished only 40th in a class of 56. 

After school Miyazaki attended junior college, graduating in 1983 with a qualification that enabled him to work as a photo technician. He found employment at a printing plant owned by a friend of his father. 

Miyazaki was still living at home, but the only family member with whom he shared a close relationship was his grandfather Shokichi. The lack of familial interaction drove him to other pursuits. He was still obsessed with Manga and Anime, but now he also began collecting violent videos and pornographic magazines. By 1984 he'd given up on adult porn and had fixated entirely on child pornography.   

The trigger that set Miyazaki on his murderous path occurred in May 1988 with the death of his only friend in the world, his grandfather. Psychologists who later examined Miyazaki believe that this marked the breaking of his final bond with society. He turned ever inward, to his comics and videos and pornography. Soon he would turn to murder.

The first child to fall victim to Miyazaki was Mari Konno. The little girl's disappearance caused massive public distress in Saitama, an area unused to violent crime. Police cars with loudspeakers patrolled the streets warning parents not to allow their children out of their sight. Meanwhile the police spent nearly 3,000 man-days interviewing people who lived near Mari's home. They distributed 50,000 missing person posters and brought in tracking dogs in the hope of picking up a scent. Nothing.

A couple of people did report seeing Mari in the company of an adult man and the descriptions they gave, about 5-foot-six with a pudgy face and wavy hair, were accurate, but the information led nowhere. When the police received a genuine clue – a postcard sent to Mari's mother with the cryptic message “There are devils about” – they dismissed it as a hoax.

Six weeks after Mari Konno's disappearance, Miyazaki was driving through Hanno, Saitama Prefecture when he spotted 7-year-old Masami Yoshizawa walking along a road. He coaxed her into his car, drove to the hills near Komine Pass and strangled her. Then he stripped the child and sexually abused her corpse, leaving the body just 100 yards from where Mari Konno's decomposing body lay.

Masami was reported missing later that night and search parties quickly fanned out across the area. The following day thousands of posters were distributed, again to no avail. Masami's home was only eight miles from Mari's, leading the police to suspect that the two disappearances might be connected. But with no bodies and no clues, they were treating it as a missing person’s case. It would not be the last.

On December 12, 1988, four-year-old Erika Namba was returning from a friend's house in Kawagoe when Miyazaki coaxed her into his Nissan sedan. He drove her to a park in Naguri where he instructed her to undress in the back seat. He then started photographing the child but after a car drove past, he panicked and strangled her.   

Miyazaki wrapped the body in a sheet, put it in the trunk of his car and drove off. A few miles down the road the Nissan's front wheel slipped into a gutter. Miyazaki was stuck and terrified of being caught with the child's corpse in his trunk. Panicked, he carried the body into the woods and hid it.

When he returned there were two men standing beside his car. Between the three of them they managed to maneuver the vehicle back onto the road, whereupon Miyazaki slid in behind the wheel and raced off, without so much as a word of thanks to his benefactors.

The following day a forestry worker found Erika's body in the woods. The police had no doubt as to what they were dealing with now. A serial killer was stalking the children of Saitama. 

As the news of Erika Namba's murder broke, the two men who had helped Miyazaki with his car came forward. But they incorrectly identified the vehicle as a Toyota Corolla, thus depriving the police of their most valuable lead to date.  

So far Tsutomu Miyazaki had murdered three little girls, inflicting untold grief on their loved ones. As if that weren't enough, he began stalking the victims' families, calling them at all hours then saying nothing on the other end of the line. When the distraught parents stopped picking up the phone, Miyazaki would allow it to continue ringing for upward of 20 minutes. Eventually he tired of taunting the grieving families by telephone and resorted to more sickening measures.

A week after Erika Namba's murder, her father received a postcard with a message formed from cutout magazine letters: “Erika. Cold. Cough. Throat. Rest. Death.” Then on February 6, 1989, Mari Konno's father returned from work to find a box on his doorstep. It contained ashes, dirt, charred bone fragments and ten infant teeth. It also contained photographs of Mari's shorts, underwear and sandals. There was a note in the box. It read: “Mari. Bones. Cremated. Investigate. Prove.” The bones and teeth would later be identified as coming from Mari Konno. Her case was now officially a homicide.  

The box containing Mari's remains at last provided police with a couple of substantive clues. The camera that had taken the photos was identified as a Mamiya 6x7, a type used almost exclusively by printers. In addition, the box was found to be of the type used to ship camera lenses and the typeface on the postcard was determined to have come from a phototypesetter. And yet amazingly, the police failed to take action on these leads, when an investigation into local printing shop employees might have snared their man.

And Miyazaki wasn't done yet with his sick game of taunting the Konno family. They returned from Mari's funeral to find a letter labeled “Confession.” This sickening missive turned out to be a detailed description of the changes Miyazaki had observed in Mari's corpse.

“Before I knew it,” he wrote, “the child's corpse had gone rigid. I wanted to cross her hands over her breast but they wouldn't budge. Pretty soon, the body gets red spots all over it. Big red spots, like the Hinomaru flag. Or like you'd covered her whole body with red hanko seals. After a while, the body is covered with stretch marks. It was so rigid before, but now it feels like it’s full of water. And it smells. How it smells. Like nothing you've ever smelled in this whole wide world.” The Konnos handed the note over to the police. It got them no closer to catching the killer.

On June 1, 1989, Miyazaki was driving near the Akishima Elementary School when he spotted two small girls playing. He stopped and started talking to them, eventually convincing one of the girls to take off her panties. He was photographing the child when neighbors spotted him and chased him off.

This close call did nothing to discourage Miyazaki. Five days later he claimed his fourth victim.

On June 6 Miyazaki found five-year-old Ayako Nomoto playing alone in a park in Ariake. He talked the child into posing for photographs for him, then lured her to his car. His plan was probably to drive her to his preferred killing ground but after the girl made a comment about his misshapen hands, he struck out in a rage and strangled her. He then drove home with the body in his trunk, stopping on the way to hire a video camera.

Over the next three days, Miyazaki photographed and videoed the child's corpse in a number of explicit poses. Then after the smell of putrefaction became too much to bear, he hacked the body apart, hiding the torso in a public toilet and the head, arms and legs in the woods. He also kept some of the flesh, roasted it in his back yard and ate it.

Five days later Ayako Nomoto's torso was discovered in the toilet. But even now the police had no clue as to the man they were hunting. It would take a private citizen to eventually bring Miyazaki to justice.

On Sunday, July 23, 1989, Miyazaki spotted two sisters playing in a public park in Hachioji. He pulled over and cajoled the younger of the girls to walk with him to a nearby river, instructing the older girl to stay behind. She immediately ran home to fetch her father who returned to find Miyazaki taking photographs of his naked daughter. The man attacked Miyazaki but he managed to break free and flee. The man then called the police and they apprehended Miyazaki as he tried to return to his car.

Originally charged with “forcing a minor to commit indecent acts,” Miyazaki broke down 17 days later and confessed to the murders of Mari Konno, Masami Yoshizawa, Erika Namba and Ayako Nomoto.

Tsutomu Miyazaki was subjected to a barrage of psychological tests and finally declared responsible for his actions and fit to stand trial. On April 14, 1997, he was found guilty of murder and sentenced to death. He was executed by hanging on June 17, 2008.


Don’t have a Kindle? No problem. Download Amazon’s free Kindle reader here for PC or Mac   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.